Over the last 30, 40, or 50 years, you’ve earned every fold on your face. Each tells a story of a laugh, a cry, a kiss, a sip, or a smile. But when life’s little moments start to line up, many women wish for a way to roll back the clock. Restylane Silk gives you a smooth, blank canvas to start collecting memories again.
Lip Enhancement with Restylane Silk
Restylane Silk smooths lines around the mouth and leaves patients with fuller, more youthful lips. Restylane Silk is a clear gel that uses hydraulic acid, a sugar naturally found in the skin, to subtly smooth and enhance the lips. Just one Restylane Silk injection can reduce signs of aging for up to 6 months. It’s specifically designed for subtle, natural-looking results, allowing both women and men to smooth fine lines around the mouth and augment thin lips. It is FDA-approved for lip enhancement in patients 21 years of age and older. 98% of patients report a visible improvement in lip fullness within 2 weeks, and 76% of patients still had visibly smoother skin and fuller lips 6 months after the injection.
Choosing Restylane Silk
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Brantner to determine if Restylane Silk is right for you. Before your lip enhancement, follow these instructions:
- Avoid using aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatories
- Give any facial sores or acne time to heal
- Avoid sun exposure after treatment
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling
- Follow any instructions given to you by Dr. Brantner
Reclaim the smile of your dreams. Call Dr. Brantner at Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to see if Restylane Silk is right for you.
Woman Drinking Orange Juice
The era of false youth is over. Today embracing your natural mature beauty is in style. Instead of hiding behind harsh hair dyes and stark makeup, women find satisfaction in subtle rejuvenation, physical fitness, and nourishing their souls. Together, health of body and mind helps each woman achieve her own timeless charm that’s impossible to duplicate.
How Healthy Habits Delay Aging
- Healthy habits have a more powerful anti-aging effect than any make-up ever could. Protect your skin by cutting back on sugar and alcohol, which lead to premature wrinkles, sagging, and sallowness. A healthy, balanced diet fuels your body to minimize the effects of aging.
- Staying physically active rewards women with youthful skin in addition to a fit figure. Researchers at McMaster University in Ontario recently discovered that older adults who got at least three hours of moderate-to-vigorous exercise a week had skin composition similar to that of people in their twenties and thirties.
- When you hit the cosmetics aisle, look for skin care products with anti-aging properties. These are typically gentler and more moisturizing than standard formulas. Higher-quality products soften fine lines, brighten your skin tone, and diminish age spots. While you’re there, pick up some sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher. There’s no better way to protect the skin than by using sunscreen daily.
- For existing age-related skin damage, plastic surgery can create dramatic improvements through subtle changes. Eyelid surgery improves the look of under eye bags and fat deposits, while a mini facelift smooths wrinkles and folds.
- Mental health is an often overlooked aspect of women’s health, but it too plays a role in your appearance. A good part of that natural glow that twenty-somethings have comes from sheer zest for life; and that’s a trait that knows no age limit. Support your mental health by spending time with your family, investing in your church, and making time for your true passions. Doing what you love will bring a light to your eyes that gives you confidence at any age.
To learn more about rejuvenation of the face and body, call Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to schedule a consultation.
If you’ve been considering getting cosmetic surgery, either for cosmetic reasons or for reconstructive purposes, you probably have some idea of what you want to look like post-surgery. The most obvious way to communicate that picture to your surgeon is to find before and after photos of someone who’s undergone the same procedure. But you can’t pick just any photo. Here’s a look at how to find the right before and after pictures to bring to your consultation.
Just Your Type
To achieve the best results, it’s crucial to find photos of a patient who has your same body type, is in the same age range, and is the same gender. If you bring in a photo of a famous pair of lips (like Scarlett Johansson, for example) you may get the same volume, but if you’re closer to 60 than 30, you won’t get the same overall effect. Patients will be happier with their results if they find a before/after photo with someone who has a similar face or body shape. Otherwise they’re setting themselves up for disappointment (and potential miscommunication with their doctor).
In an age of photo manipulation, people have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. Some less reputable doctor’s offices may subtly manipulate before/after photos to make the after photo look better. Different lighting, head positioning, posture, and other factors can make a surgery look more successful than it really was. When looking at before/after pictures, scroll through galleries of reputable, board-certified surgeons, and inspect the pictures carefully for signs of manipulation.
Deciding to undergo plastic surgery is not a decision to be taken lightly. Before scheduling any cosmetic surgery, arrange for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Woman on Tablet