The world continues to see a rise in Mommy Makeovers, the postpartum surgical trend that rejuvenates women’s bodies through tummy tucks, breast lifts, and various other procedures. But as with any surgical trend, the topic is rife with misinformation. If you’re considering post-pregnancy plastic surgery, educate yourself about your choices.
Do You Need a Mommy Makeover?
The first question in determining if a Mommy Makeover is in your future is simple: “Do I want one?” Never let someone else — whether it’s a friend, an acquaintance, or your spouse — pressure you into plastic surgery you don’t want. Here are a few questions that can help you determine whether a Mommy Makeover is right for you:
- Do you feel decreased confidence from your post-baby body?
- Does the extra skin, loose muscles, and sagging breasts interfere with your ability to live well?
- Have you fully recovered from childbirth?
- Have you implemented a healthy postpartum diet and regular exercise routine?
- Are you in overall good health?
- Do you have a plan for the recovery period?
- Is plastic surgery something you’ve considered before?
- What areas of your body are you uncomfortable with?
Questions to Ask Your Surgeon about a Mommy Makeover
Okay, you’ve taken the next step and booked a surgical consultation. What questions should you ask your surgeon? Here’s a good starting point:
- Are you board certified by The American Board of Plastic Sugery?
- Do you have hospital privileges for this procedure?
- What is the procedure/recovery like?
- What can I expect from the surgical facility?
- Based on your experience, what do you recommend to help me feel my best?
- Tell me about scar placement.
- Should I get a breast lift, breast implants, or both?
- Will you perform abdominal muscle repair, or just remove fat and excess skin?
- How can I customize my Mommy Makeover?
Ready to feel like you again? Book a cosmetic consultation at Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.