The holidays have a way of shedding light on the aspects of our lives we’d like to change. For many of us that means rethinking our priorities, finding more time for the people we love, and attempting to come to terms with what we dislike about our physical appearance. If you’re lacking self-confidence this holiday season, there’s no need to put on a brave face. Juvederm is a non-surgical procedure that subtly smooths and lifts sagging skin, giving you a youthful glow (and a brighter smile) just in time for holiday photos.
What is Juvederm?
Juvaderm is an injectable filler that adds volume to the skin, temporarily minimizing the effects of age. The gel is injected around the mouth to treat moderate to servere lines around the nose, chin, and cheeks. Juvederm is approved for use in patients over 21 years of age. The anti-aging effects generally last around one year.
Candidates for Juvederm Injections
If you’re dissatisfied with wrinkles and sagging in the skin around your mouth, but aren’t ready for a full surgical facelift, you might be a candidate for Juvederm. Juvederm injections take less than 30 minutes and require minimal recovery. Temporary side effects may include tenderness, itching, bruising, swelling, bumps, or discoloration around the injection site. Most side effects are mild and should last no longer than 7 days. Juvederm might be right for you if:
- You have deep lines around the nose, mouth, and chin
- You want a longer lasting but ultimately temporary solution to facial aging
- You have discussed your desired aesthetic with Dr. Brantner
- You have given Dr. Brantner a complete list of your current medications and known allergies
- You have several weeks available before any holiday functions to schedule your cosmetic procedure
Are you interested in a non-surgical cosmetic procedure? Call Dr. Brantner’s office to schedule a consultation.