As people age, the skin often often loosens around their neck and jaw line. Treatment of these folds and fatty deposits does not always require a full facelift. Patients who choose neck lift surgery are often happy with the appearance of their features, but feel a tighter neck and jaw will rejuvenate their appearance. Here’s what you need to know if you’re considering a neck lift.
What Does Neck Lift Surgery Treat?
- Fatty deposits and sagging skin on the lower face that creates jowls
- Fat deposits under the chin
- Loose or sagging skin around the neck and jaw line
- Muscle banding in the neck
- Loose skin, fatty deposits, and muscle banding in the neck caused by aging, heredity, stress, or environmental conditions
Who Is a Candidate for a Neck Lift?
Good neck lift candidates are men or women who are unhappy with the appearance of their neck or jowls. They may have a double chin, jowl lines, a “turkey wattle,” or a jaw line that doesn’t match the smoothness of their face. Candidates for a neck lift also:
- Have reasonable expectations for the procedure
- Have not been pressured into surgery by a friend or loved one
- Are non-smokers or willing to quit smoking as recommended by their doctor
- Are generally healthy, with no conditions that may cause complications or impair healing
What to Ask Dr. Brantner
- What are my facial rejuvenation options?
- What is the process of neck lift surgery?
- Do you have recommendations for the aesthetics of my procedure?
- What will the recovery process be like?
Ready to schedule your surgical consultation? Call Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.