When most people think of body contouring, a tummy tuck is one of the first procedures they consider. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin on the stomach, restores weakened abdominal muscles, and smooths the overall appearance of the abdomen. As we move closer and closer to beach weather, many patients want a firmer, more youthful stomach. Determine whether a tummy tuck is right for you with this helpful guide.
Is a Tummy Tuck Right for You?
Patients who undergo abdominoplasties may walk into our office because of age, heredity, a prior pregnancy, or weight fluctuation, but they all have one thing in common: they’re unhappy with the look and feel of their abdomen, and they’re ready to make a change. A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery procedure that restores weak or separated muscles, removes loose or overhanging skin, and smooths the area around the stomach. Good candidates for a tummy tuck:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of their abdomen
- Have loose skin or excess stomach fat
- Have reached a stable weight
- Know what results they can realistically expect
- Understand that a healthy lifestyle is the only way to maintain their post-tummy tuck body
- Do not smoke, or understand that they must quit smoking before their procedure
Committed to a Better Body
A tummy tuck alone does not give patients the body of their dreams. Dr. Brantner advises that all of his patients eat healthy, sleep well, and exercise several times a week to maintain their new, more youthful figure.
To learn more about full and mini tummy tuck surgeries, call Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Johnson City, TN.