Which area of your body would you most like to change? For many men and women in the US, the answer to that question is changing. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons released their annual cosmetic surgery report for 2015, which shows a rising diversity in which areas of the body patients choose to address. Breast lifts, lower body lifts, and arm lifts showed considerable growth this year, as did the number of men choosing breast reduction surgery. The overall trends in cosmetic surgery and minimally-invasive procedures, however, has stayed fairly consistent with data from previous years.
Most Popular Cosmetic Surgery in 2015
- The number of breast augmentations may have decreased 2% in 2015, but it’s still the most popular cosmetic surgery by over 50,000 procedures.
- Liposuction procedures are up 5% from 2014, but they’re 37% less popular than they were in 2000.
- Nose reshaping hasn’t changed in popularity since 2014. In 2015, it was still the 3rd most popular cosmetic procedure in America.
- Eyelid surgery, such as lower and upper eye lifts, decreased 1% in popularity in 2015.
- Tummy tucks replaced facelifts as the 5th most popular cosmetic procedure in 2015. Tummy tucks increased 9% in popularity over the last year and 104% since 2000.
Most Popular Non-Surgical Procedures in 2015
Non-surgical procedures have grown in popularity over the last several years, attracting patients who want facial rejuvenation without the permanence of surgery. The top minimally-invasive procedures in 2015 were:
- Botulinum Toxin Type A
- Soft Tissue Fillers
- Chemical Peel
- Laser Hair Removal
Every patient’s surgical journey is wholly unique. If you’re considering a surgical or minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure, call to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brantner.