Botox is one of the most popular nonsurgical cosmetic treatments available. But thanks to pop culture, there’s a lot of misinformation about Botox treatments. We’re clearing the air with these frequently asked questions about Botox.
- Does Botox hurt? The needles used in Botox injections are small, so most patients feel no more than a small pinch. If you’re worried about pain, Dr. Brantner can administer a topical numbing cream to the injection site.
- How long will the appointment last? Botox treatments typically take no longer than 10-15 minutes.
- What’s the recovery like? Botox recovery is minimal. Some patients may notice a small bump on the injection site. You may also experience slight bruising. For the best results, don’t lie down for 3 hours following a Botox treatment and avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours.
- How long before I see results? Results are typically visible within 24-48 hours and typically last several months.
- How can I make my results last longer? Botox is a temporary treatment that targets the muscles of the face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Patients must repeat injections every few months to maintain results; however, some patients find that results lasts longer after several Botox treatments.
- How many injections will I get in a Botox treatment? For crow’s feet, Dr. Brantner will inject the muscles surrounding each eye 3 times. To treat frown lines, Dr. Brantner will give you 5 injections into the forehead.
- Do men use Botox? Botox is a popular cosmetic procedure for men as well as women. 17.5% of patients treated with Botox are men.
Want to know if Botox is right for you? Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brantner.