Apr 15, 2019 | Injectable Fillers, Mommy Makeover, Non-Surgical, SculpSure®, Therimiva Vaginal Tightening, Uncategorized, Vaginal Enhancement
There are few occurrences that cause more strain on a woman’s body than parenting. From the initial physiological stress of pregnancy to the trauma of childbirth and following endless late nights and long days that come with motherhood. While being a mother is one of the most rewarding experiences on earth, many women end up feeling, and looking, at least a little worse for wear due to it.
Thankfully, the Mommy Makeover is here to save the day. Dr. Jim Brantner and his team of friendly medical professionals has helped countless local Tri-City, TN area residents of Johnson City, Kingsport, Bristol, and Elizabethton look and feel better.
A mommy makeover involves a combination of surgical or non-surgical procedures that allows women who want to go back to looking their best, regain their youthful appearance, shape and feel. While the combination of procedures can be customized to suit your unique needs, there are some general facts to consider when choosing whether to undergo a Mommy Makeover.
Who can Benefit from a Mommy Makeover?
The “multi-procedure” Mommy Makeover, which involves some combination of liposuction, tummy tuck and breast lift was originally made popular on reality tv and social media, but now is available in the Tri-City, TN area, where residents of Johnson City, Kingsport, Bristol, and Elizabethton can enjoy all the benefits this treatment has to offer.
A mommy makeover can be tailored and customized to help treat any number of aesthetic and other issues faced by women, including but not limited to:
- Weight gain from causes such as pregnancy, stress or decreased self-care
- Increased excess skin from a cycle of weight gains and losses, or from stretching during pregnancy
- Stretch marks and skin that doesn’t “bounce back” like it used to
- Weakness, loss of structure and general distortion of shape in the abdominal muscles and belly area
- Increased breast sagging
- Wrinkles or loss of elasticity and vibrancy of skin
- Vaginal appearance, discomfort or looseness
- And more…
Every woman wants to look and feel tight, toned, and sleek, not sagging and bagging. While having children can be a wonderful time in a woman’s life, childbirth and pregnancy take a heavy toll on a woman’s skin, muscle tone and general appearance, especially in the abdominal and breast region. The combination of liposuction, tummy tuck and breast lift found in a Mommy Makeover addresses all these concerns, typically in a single session under the knife.
What is a Mommy Makeover Procedure Like?
The classic Mommy Makeover combination of liposuction, tummy tuck and breast lift is essentially a combination of surgeries. Most surgeons prefer to perform this complex procedure under general anesthesia to ensure maximum comfort and minimal memory of the event.
For a procedure like this, involving general anesthesia, the patient is required to set aside time for prep work at the hospital, in addition to recovery time in the hospital afterwards and potentially several days of recovery time at home.
Liposuction – Liposuction helps to contour the body and help it regain a sleeker, more pleasing shape by removing stubborn pockets of fat which don’t respond to diet and exercise.
Tummy Tuck – A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat around the abdominal area, and also addresses separated or traumatized abdominal muscles to create a firmer, smoother abdominal look and shape
Breast Lift – A breast lift reduces the sagging of the breast tissue which typically follows pregnancy and breastfeeding, and is also usually combined with breast augmentation, which adds fullness to the breasts and creates a more rounded shape.
Other Procedures – A mommy makeover may also involve any other number of procedures including:
- Injectable fillers
- Face, neck and brow lifts
- Rhinoplasty / nose jobs
- Non-surgical laser treatments
- Vaginal rejuvenation & tightening
- And more…
No matter what your goals, Dr. Jim Brantner can help. If you’re in the Tri-city, TN area, call or stop by his office today to learn more.
What Benefits Will I See with a Mommy Makeover?
The well-known Mommy Makeover combination of liposuction and tummy tuck addresses the sagging skin and excess fat many women pick up during pregnancy or through the stress of parenting.
The addition of a breast lift, and possibly breast augmentation creates a trifecta of image-perfecting procedures: in addition to toning, slimming and reshaping the abdominal area and removing excess fat from other areas of the body as needed via liposuction and a tummy tuck, a breast lift will also address sagging breasts and loss of shape from pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Adding a breast augmentation on top of this creates not only lifted and more youthful breasts, but also fuller, rounder ones. Together, all these procedures create a slimmer, tighter figure, plus full, rounder, perkier breasts. Look out, world, here comes a hot mama!
As with any surgical procedure, a Mommy Makeover has risks, and while most women find the risks to be well worth the gain, each individual should discuss her unique medical situation with her doctor before scheduling any surgical procedure.
While we may not be able to physically turn back time, when it comes to regaining one’s youthful shape, time travel has now been made possible. While the benefits of a Mommy Makeover might seem frivolous or self-serving, no woman can deny how much happier, more confident or more alive she feels when she knows she’s looking her best.
For the devoted mothers of the world, a Mommy Makeover might be just the thing they need to start feeling on top of their world again. Call or stop by our local Johnson City, TN office today. Our friendly team of medical professionals would love to learn more about how we can help.
Jan 24, 2018 | Body, Body Contouring, SculpSure®, Uncategorized, Upper Arm Contouring
The new year represents a fresh start, which is why New Year’s Resolutions are so popular. Many people use this time to contemplate changes they’d like to make to their bodies. Usually, that means diet and exercise. While both are crucial for a healthy lifestyle, they aren’t the only tool available. For instance, what can be done about those stubborn problem areas? The ones that never seem to get better, no matter how many healthy choices you make? At the offices of Jim Brantner, MD, we offer several body contouring techniques to sculpt and shape specific areas:
- Tummy and Sides. We offer SculpSure procedures to help with these stubborn areas. SculpSure is quick, non-invasive, and minimizes discomfort because it doesn’t involve surgery. Tummy tucks and liposuction are other popular options for contouring the area around the abdomen.
- Arms. The upper arms have a tendency to sprout “wings” of excess fat and skin as the body ages. An arm lift, also called a brachioplasty, is designed to help correct this, to restore confidence and minimize discomfort from unwanted, flapping skin.
Remember, the only way to decide which procedures are best for you is to schedule a private, personalized consultation with Dr. Brantner. We’ll discuss your goals, expectations, concerns, costs, and even talk about any worries or fears you may have. Not only that, but we will give you honest feedback about whether your expectations and hopes are feasible. Dr. Brantner is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has been in civilian practice since 1987.
If you have questions, don’t delay! Call us today and let’s get find the right body contouring procedure to help you reach your goals.
Oct 23, 2017 | Body, SculpSure®, Uncategorized
This October, Dr. Brantner’s office is offering 15% off SculpSure. To celebrate, we thought we’d highlight this procedure with answers to a couple of our frequently asked questions.
- First of all, What is SculpSure?
Cynosyure SculpSure is a laser treatment for stubborn fat in the abdomen, flanks, back, and inner and outer thighs. It’s designed to safely and effectively eliminate unwanted fat cells without surgery or downtime.
Good candidates for SculpSure are already living healthy, active lifestyles but finding that they cannot shake stubborn pockets of fat in problem areas. It is approved for BMI up to 43. If that sounds like you, it may be the right choice! Of course, only a consultation can tell if this procedure is right for you. At your consultation, we’ll discuss goals, body composition, risks, and more.
Yes! SculpSure is the first laser treatment to be approved by the FDA. Not only that, but it’s quick, easy, and noninvasive.
- What’s the Recovery Time?
Recovery is quick! The procedure should take about 25 minutes per treatment area, and since there is no surgery involved, you won’t have to worry about anesthesia. Special cooling procedures will keep you comfortable and won’t harm your skin.
Remember, the best way to find out about a procedure is to ask the experts! The friendly, knowledgeable, professional staff at the offices of Jim Brantner, MD are here to answer your questions and help you choose the best procedures to get you the results you’re looking for.
Jun 15, 2017 | SculpSure®, Uncategorized
Here at the offices of Jim Brantner, MD, SculpSure is one of the more exciting procedures we offer. This FDA-approved procedure is designed to quickly and effectively remove fat from the flanks and abdomen. We get a lot of questions about this procedure. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions about SculpSure.
- How Does it Work? Basically, special lasers target fat cells under the skin, damaging their structural integrity. Over a short time (up to three months, but usually much quicker), these fat cells break down and are reabsorbed and eliminated by the body. All this without surgery or damage to the skin cells.
- Is it Invasive? No, SculpSure is non-invasive.
- How Long Does is Take? SculpSure takes just under half an hour!
- What is the Recovery Like? SculpSure has little to no recovery time! After your procedure you can get right back to whatever you were doing, whether it’s work, lunch, or something more active.
- What Areas Can it Help Target? SculpSure is designed to effectively handle the stubborn fat of the belly and flanks (also known as the love handles).
- Is it Painful? No! While many patients experience tingling and/or feelings of deep warmth, you should not feel any pain or significant discomfort during your SculpSure treatment.
- Is It FDA Approved? Yes! You can find more information about SculpSure here.
If you’re looking for a way to quickly and effectively target the “problem zones” in your abdomen, SculpSure may be the right choice for you. Contact Dr. Brantner’s office in Johnson City, TN to learn more!
May 11, 2017 | SculpSure®, Uncategorized
Have you heard about SculpSure? It’s a brand new procedure we’re offering at Dr. Brantner’s office. As the first FDA-approved, non-surgical fat reduction procedure, it’s no secret why we’re excited about SculpSure. And you should be, too!
5 Reasons to Get Excited about SculpSure
- It’s FDA-approved. Whether you’ve considered body sculpting before or you’re simply curious about this new, non-surgical body sculpting solution, you can feel comfortable knowing that SculpSure is a completely safe, FDA-approved fat reduction procedure.
- It’s low pain. No scalpels, no sutures, and no needles required. SculpSure is a non-invasive laser technology that targets fat cells beneath the skin. By destabilizing these cells, we can trick your body into breaking down and eliminating stubborn fat cells. Some patients may feel mild discomfort, but for most people it’s pain-free.
- It targets multiple problem areas. SculpSure has been proven to reduce fat by up to 24% in the abdomen, love handles, inner thighs, and outer thighs. If you’d like to target more than one area, let us know during your consultation so we can schedule multiple appointments.
- It’s fast. A SculpSure treatment takes only 25 minutes, and there’s no downtime, so you can easily schedule a procedure on your lunch break. Over the 12 weeks following a procedure, patients see up to 24% fat reduction. Some patients may need a follow-up appointment, but for most people, it’s “one and done” fat reduction treatment.
- It works. Don’t believe us? Just ask our staff!
Ready to see the results for yourself? Contact us today to schedule a SculpSure consultation.
Jan 5, 2017 | SculpSure®, Uncategorized
We’re all about advancing technology in the world of plastic surgery and reconstruction; and we’re so excited to announce the latest available at our Johnson City office. Rolling out in mid-January will be our newest high tech device, SculpSure!
What’s the goal?
With SculpSure, you’ll be able to achieve a slimmer, more natural looking appearance without surgery or downtime. Even with a great diet and plenty of exercise, some people still have those stubborn pockets they want to lose. This body contouring technology is able target and destroy fat cells in just 25 minutes, without actually affecting the skin’s surface. There’s no recovery time so you can go about your day, and it only takes a few treatments to get your desired result. Listed on Fortune 500 as one of the top leading products in the industry and being the first machine to burn fat completely, we’re seeing a lot of excitement build up for this high-tech product!
How does it work?
- Targeted laser energy heats up fat cells under the skin (damaging their structural integrity) without actually affecting the skin’s surface.
- Over the next three months, the damaged fat cells are processed and eliminated by the body’s lymphatic system.
- Fat cells are permanently removed and will not regenerate. Results can be seen as quickly as six weeks, and optimal results typically seen at 12 weeks!
For more information about this product including testimonials, before and after photos and specifications, visit our SculpSure website for more information! Check back in with us on our Facebook page for the official roll out date! With additional questions, please contact us at (423) 328-9000.
And don’t forget, we have a special going on in January for 15% off surgical facial rejuvenation! For a list of all the surgical facial procedures, visit our procedures page for more info.